3 cups sugar
1 cup Crisco
2 tsp lemon extract
6 eggs - separated
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 CUTE BABY TO HELP YOU! (optional, I guess-but I can't wait for Lena Kate to really help me)
Blend sugar and crisco. Add egg yolks one at a time. Add extract. The add dry ingredients and buttermilk , alternating, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in until just mixed. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Dab some flour on said baby's face and take cute picture. MMMMMM, enjoy. This cake freezes well and is great served several ways...warm with butter, strawberries and cream, chocolate sauce-you name it....or just by itself!
The final product..after I had a sample piece.
So, leave a comment and let me know what recipe you would like to see next:
Beef and Cheese Enchiladas - Grandmother Henderson style -oh so good
Lasagna
Beef Stroganoff
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Oatmeal Cookies - soo good, I made these this morning - not your typical oatmeal cookie
Cake like brownies
Granny's banana pudding
Shrimp Salad - our way-what we are having for dinner tonight!
Lena Kate has several new tricks this week. She has started to grab her paci out of her mouth and keep it in her hand. She is also a JABBERBOX. She has found her voice for sure. It is so sweet, there are also many smiles thrown in when she "talks" to us. I've recorded it on my camera, but when I try to upload videos it never works???
She is doing so well is pushing up and looking around this week during tummy time.
She is the QUEEN of DROOL, can you see it in this pic?
Lena Kate has also really started chewing on her hands and discovering things with her mouth.
On Friday we had a great lunch with Leelee at PF Changs and she got Lena Kate a couple of really cute outfits. Thank goodness for grandmothers that love to shop for their granddaughters! We had a wonderful time. Plus, I got her Easter dress! I'm so excited...she is too :) I had a wonderful giftcard from my mom's college roommate that I was able to use - Thanks Nancy and Pat!
Here is LK goofing off at Gymboree with some sunglasses. She didn't even mind them. She knew she was stylin.



No comments:
Post a Comment