Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Gary and Uncle Trent

Yesterday Lena Kate's Grandpa turned 60 so we decided to spend the weekend in San Angelo to celebrate. We had a wonderful time just hanging out and enjoying a YUMMY steak dinner at home.
We had Romano potatoes, ribeyes, salad, creme brulee, and Italian cream cake. It really doesn't get much better than that. It was also LK's Uncle Trent's birthday last Wednesday so we were really celebrating both birthday boys! They guys played golf on Saturday morning and Lena Kate and I hung out with LK's Leelee and Great Mimi. Leelee is still recovering from shoulder surgery, so we didn't do much-which is JUST FINE with me. We pretty much chased Lena Kate around the house and made sure she didn't make a beeline for the dog bowls when we weren't looking-she managed to get away with it once and ended up with a soaked shirt. She's one smart cookie...and DETERMINED. All the little dogs took turns giving her licks too :) I didn't get too many pics of the family but here are a few I snapped of LK. I'm sure they would rather see pics of her anyway! She's so fast these days it is hard to catch her still enough to snap photos. This week we are going to head down to my parents' place for a visit, so we'll see you in a couple of days.

Relaxing...see those red knees from crawing?

Showing off

The coffee table became her jungle gym. Notice the paci-she's definately teething and likes to have it often, she'll pick it up and put it in her mouth herself these days.
Up and over-she got pretty good at this after getting hung up a time or two.

Chewing on Leelee's cross-I don't think Jesus will mind :)

I made this cake for the ocassion.
The birthday boys with Lena Kate over the past few months.



2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Aww, loved the pictures. I don't think there's anything cuter than a baby with a paci in their mouth. That cake looked delicious, too!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh man, your comment made me laugh today... you're a crack up girl!

I bet you give yourself far too little credit!!

LMM