Did I mention I've been a klutz lately. In the last week I have knocked over 3 glasses, and yes..they were full. (the luck of an accountant) It is a good thing I'm not high class and prefer the plastic insulated glasses. Two of the three times were today....well, I had help with one. Lena Kate grabbed a paper towel my glass was sitting on and before I could get to it, red punch was all over the floor. Then tonight, I elbowed my glass off the table while feeding Lena Kate her cereal dinner. Missy enjoyed licking the floor and her red paws! I'm glad somebody enjoyed it. I was about 2 seconds from tears. I just couldn't win for losing. I think Lane knew this. He patted my back and grabbed the spoon and started feeding the baby so I could clean it up...again. This was the first time he fed his little one baby food. He did good:) I realize it isn't that hard, but I was thankful he didn't just laugh at me ans stay on the couch. I think I would've definitely lost it. I know, I know...I shouldn't cry over spilled "milk." If this is the biggest of my problems, it reminds me I'm truly blessed :)
On a more cheerful note we had a couple of good meals, nothing fancy...but tasty. I made steak bites like The Pioneer Woman. Her blog is by far my favorite. It makes me long for the country and for my husband to be able to work cattle often and have little rugrats in wranglers horseback and helping. This is her life and she is so witty in her tales. OK, back to the point. Yum...nothing like browned butter covered bite-sized pieces of steak..with a nice crust on the outside and soft and pink in the middle. It took me two tries to get the pan hot enough to get them right. The second try was with the leftovers. The pan must be HOT. The leftovers topped with Swiss and jalapenos made a nice sandwich for Lane's dinner. I had some bites too which I cooked after cooking the jalapenos and Lane's bites and it gave the steak a little kick which I quite enjoyed. I DO NOT like really hot things, so just a little hot is perfect. I'll have to remember that next time. There will definitely be a next time. Tonight, I made chalupas topped with chicken, sour cream, avocado, and a little lettuce....tomatoes and more jalapenos for Lane's. It wasn't anything fancy, but I managed to scarf down two (ok, 1 and 3/4)...then proceeded to go upstairs to run the extra one off as well as the frustration from being such a klutz! Lena Kate is so good while I run these days. She just rolls around and plays with the toys I have set out for her.
We have a busy week ahead, dinner with Lane's college friend Katherine and her husband on Monday night. I'm excited about this..we don't get to eat out often and it is nice to have friends in town. I sure hope Lena Kate is a good girl. Then on Tuesday Leelee is coming to go shopping for a baptismal gown for Lena Kate. She so graciously offered to get one for her big day on July 5th. We will probably all have a nice family dinner out on Tuesday night too. Then one of my junior high coaches is going to be in town and I plan to meet up with her if the stars align and it all works out. Whew...it is going to fly by I'm sure. I was possibly thinking about lunch with the Tetco girls later in the week, but we'll see how things look on Thursday..I may just want to stay home and eat PBJ and a side of Cheetos!...yes, I love that combination....plus a good ol Dr. Pepper...I may have to splurge and not even do the Diet DP. Mmmm, call me silly or crazy or whatever, but that is one of my favorite standby meals. For those of you who think I'm talking about food and cravings a lot...NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. I've just been watching The Food Network all weekend.
Ok, enough jabbering non-sense...show you some pics. I will oblige...I've only taken about 10 THOUSAND in the last almost 6 months.
Thank goodness for digital cameras. These are what I'll call the bloopers of the basket pics. Maybe these are the ones I should've printed our for her scrapbook!...hmm, that gave me an idea. Maybe I should just fix a book with "funny" pics. Not sure if she would love me or hate me for it many years down the road.
My little redneck girl..the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

She sticks her tongue out like this often. I think she must have a tooth coming in. Either that or she is very smart and was trying to tell me something!

She is giving me the, "enough already Mama, I'm NOT going to smile just because you make silly faces and blubber at me. What do you think I am a monkey?" face
She sticks her tongue out like this often. I think she must have a tooth coming in. Either that or she is very smart and was trying to tell me something!
She is giving me the, "enough already Mama, I'm NOT going to smile just because you make silly faces and blubber at me. What do you think I am a monkey?" face
I told you I like pics of baby butts and feet
This one is just for fun....oh, I love these fish jammies. She looks so cute and cozy in them.
Good night and I hope the week starts off wonderfully for everyone.



No comments:
Post a Comment