Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My baby is growing UP

Lena Kate can now pull herself up to a standing position and loves it. She is less and less wobbly by the day. I think it is time to go buy a walk-behind toy. She's now 7 months old and I'm going to make a prediction that she is walking in a few months...well before 1. I don't think that is such a good thing!

She is really fast with the crawling now although she still drags her belly on the ground. Her little outfits are always so dirty after being home. I promise I clean the floors, but it makes me think they are always filthy!

We haven't had much going on this week which translates into baking and cooking for me...and of course, cleaning-my least favorite thing. I made MckMama's coconut macaroons dipped in chocolate yesterday and they are so tasty and easy to make...yes, I posted the recipe..with a link giving her credit for the sweetness! I also roasted a pork loin last night and made homemade mac n cheese...wish it was healthier, but it sure tasted good.

Lena Kate's appointment with the cardiologist is Friday morning for her heart murmur. Please keep us in your prayers that it is just a "normal" murmur and NOTHING to worry about.
Oh, and I thought I'd mention she's been sleeping better too...she wakes up around 11 and again around 4-5 and goes back to sleep after a snack both times. It isn't ALL night, but better than the two weeks prior when she was waking every hour or so on several nights! Thanks for the prayers on that front too :)

Lena Kate's Leelee (my MIL) had surgery on her shoulder on Tuesday and we are thankful that it all went well and the good doctor was able to fix it using the lesser of 2 plans. She should have a quicker recovery time and be able to hold Miss Priss sooner. Yea for the Great Physician watching over her and more answered prayers.

Here is my little stinker in action.
I put two legs on this table so she has an easier time climbing up without falling down.

Climbing away on a pile of laundry

Happy to help with laundry

Bouncing

Drumming on her trashcan after her bath. I think she got this trick from her Daddy who loves to drum.
Happy Wednesday everybody!

3 comments:

~Sandy said...

Awwwww....she is getting so big now:) She is still the cutest baby ever:) You are right she will probably be walking very soon. Just enjoy it because they grow up sooooooooooo fast...I know because mine did.

LeAnna said...

It's so crazy how time flies by. She is so cute, I love the picture of her drumming on the trash can!
Gonna go check out those recipes....now.... :)

Gardiner Family said...

She's getting SO big!! This is definitely a fun stage :-) Hopefully we can make a playdate soon so all the kiddos can see each other!